Many companies that operate a fleet of machines and continuously monitor its operation, do not fully exploit the enormous amount of collected data. Usually this data is merely used by maintenance and service personnel for reactive maintenance. Some lead user companies have recently shifted to proactive maintenance (using advanced exploitation of data), but even in these cases the analysis is realised at individual machine level. This leaves a huge potential of untapped exploitation opportunities at fleet level. By comparing the behaviour of a single machine with respect to the one of its fleet, more detailed and more accurate knowledge can be extracted.
During the seminar, two renown keynote speakers will shed their light on the current state-of-play in this domain, both from an industrial as well as from a research perspective. Furthermore, the opportunities that fleet-based analytics creates as well as the challenges encountered in exploiting fleet-based data will be illustrated with several industrial real-world use cases showing the potential of the approach in industrial machinery, (renewable) energy and transport. The event will be concluded with a tech brokerage, during which several companies and universities will showcase their technological solutions to tackle these challenges.
For further information and registration: http://www.sirris.be/agenda/seminar-fleet-based-analytics-data-driven-operation-and-maintenance-optimisation
Programme on 13/12/2017 (Sirris Zwijnaarde)
- 13:00: Welcome coffee
- 13:30: Fleet-based analytics: what, why and why now?
- 13:40: Challenges and opportunities in fleet-based analytics – How data analytics for operational optimisation and maintenance can impact your company?
- 14:00: Academic keynote : Dr. Arno Knobbe, Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (liacs)
- 14:30: Industrial keynote : Dr. Peter Staar, IBM Research - Zurich
- 15:00: Coffee break with tech booths of companies and demos/posters by the HYMOP partners
- 15:30: An overview of the current state-of-the-art in fleet-based analytics for data-driven operation and maintenance optimisation based on several real-world industrial use cases
- 16:30: Future directions
- 16:45: Networking reception with tech booths of companies and demos/posters by the HYMOP partners
- 18:00: End